Wednesday 27 May 2009

BLT

I got my Fakin Bacon into the dehydrator last night and then I decided to also make some raw Bread. Here is a pic of it as it is going into the dehydrator. I cut some of the Bread mixture/dough into Cracker sizes for snacks.















And here is an after pic of the Crackers and Fakin Bacon















I made a BLT for my Lunch, infact it was SOOO YUUUUUMMY! I had another one.















FAKIN BACON
1 Aubergine (Egg Plant) sliced finely using a mandolin.
1/4 C Olive Oil
1/4 C Ume Plum Vinegar

1, Whisk the Olive Oil and Ume Plum Vinegar together with a wire whisk.
2, Marinade the Aubergine (Egg Plant) Slices in the Oil and Vinegar for a while.
3, Place onto a deydrator tray with the Teflax sheet underneath.

NOTE
Baking Paper can be used instead of Teflex.
If you don't have a deydrator then you can use your oven by putting it on the lowest setting and leaving the oven door slightly open, this prevents moisture forming and so dries the food out as in a dehydrator.

RAW BREAD
1 + 1/2 C Buckwheat, ground
1 + 1/2 C Flax Seeds, ground
1/3 C Pumpkin Seeds
1/3 C whole Flax Seeds
1/3 C Sunflower Seeds
1/2 C Sesame Seeds
1 TB Nutritional Yeast.
2 C Filtered Water

1, Put all the dry ingredients into a bowl and mix.
2, Add the water and stir well, don't worry if it seems to wet if left to stand for a minute it will thicken.
3, Spread dough onto 2 dehydrator sheets with a Teflex sheet
4, Score into 9 squares

NOTE
The Bread dough can be cut into Cracker sizes.
Spread the dough using the back of a spoon, knife, spatula or anything of that kind
The dough must be scored before going into the dehydrator.
You can add any seeds to your dough.
You can add Nuts or Fruit, there are no hard and fast rules when making Raw foods.

Here is a pic of the gorgeous Fruit and Veg I bought from Aldi's yesterday, they look really good and the Mangoe's were ONLY 49p each...bargain, they usually cost more, close to £1 each.















I am having yet another lazyish day, all I have done is my usual and some washing.

I tried Kelp noodles for the first time this evening and....ummmm....I have to say, I can do without them, they have a strange texture that I don't like very much. I can eat them but after these packets have been eaten then I doubt I will buy them again.

This is the Kelp Noodles straight from the packet. They look white here but they actually are quite transparent.















They have to be kept in water.

For my evening meal I made a Raw Sweet n Sour type meal using the Kelp Noodles.
I marinated the noodles in Lemon Juice, warm water and Shoyu.
I then grated some Veg and marinated those in Lemon Juice, Apple Cider Vinegar, Manuka Honey and a little Sea Salt.
I put the marinated Veg over the marinated Kelp Noodles and then I sprinkled a few Cashew Nuts on the top.

Manuka Honey has some FANTASTIC properties, from healing stomach and other body problems to giving energy and a feeling of well being, worth the money.















I might get a walk in tomorrow, I will take the camera so I can get some pics of my surrounding area although it's nothing startling.
When the kids are off school I become more lazy. I am starting the school walks again next week, I'm quite looking forward to it, I have missed those walks.

Sleep well!!

No comments:

Post a Comment