Monday 22 February 2010

Excalibur Dehydrator

I woke up this morning with a headache, so after taking my anti depressant I decided to take some pain killers also. I checked my emails etc and then promptly fell back to sleep, unfortunately when I woke up I still had the headache. It is now 7.05pm and I STILL have the headache.....not nice. Thinking a walk in the cool winter air would help this headache we decided to take an afternoon walk into town and back, nope! It didn't help but it is good exercise anyway which I have been lacking in loads lately. Despite feeling pained today I have felt rather calm which has been nice.

Over the last couple of days I have been raw uncooking and I have had the dehydrator going and here are some results.

First of all, Rhio's Bagels:















Second, I had some Nut Pulp and so I dehydrated it and then put it through the Vitamix, I now have a stock of Nut Flour which I can use in Cookies. I will be using this flour in Cookies only because it is Nut Pulp with Dates in from when I have been making Nut Milks, I always sweeten my Nut Milks with Dates. This flour will keep in a jar in the fridge for up to 30 days.

















Next is Cheese Crackers.

I usually make this and pour it over Kale to make my Cheesey Kale. It is quite versatile and can be made into crackers or even ground to make cheese sprinkles to sprinkle onto raw Pasta etc. The cheese flavour comes from adding Nutritional Yeast which has a very cheesey flavour...it is GREAT! Nutritional Yeast is not a raw product but it is used a lot in the raw world.















For my evening meal tonight I had a Bagel with Avocado, Alfalfa Sprouts and a few sliced Cherry Tomatoes that I have home grown in my Aerogarden....GORGEOUS!















I am going to have some Pineapple now.

Back tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment